Saturday 29 April 2017

Top 10 Coffee Tables


Top 10 Coffee Tables 

Hi and welcome back to The Retro Edit... Now that almost half of our renovations have taken place, from here onwards begins the search for furniture. All of our previous furniture just does not seem to fit in to the modern style we are looking to achieve; or simply appears lifeless with a decade of well-loved scars

When it comes to searching for furniture, it always proves to be a testing experience. I almost always have a prototypical product in my head and knowing myself very well, nothing else will suffice! But the trouble with that is finding that prototypical product in your local department/furniture store. I always typically browse John Lewis, House of Fraser and Debenham's, hoping to find something that is even profusely similar to the image in my mind. I always allow the freedom of accepting something which shares some attributes of that prototypical product. If the department stores prove to be unsuccessful, I will diligently search the Internet with every possible plausible keyword combination to produce the most relevant matched search results. That in itself requires a a great amount of time especially when time lapses without a trace. Oh the wonders that the Internet works! 

In this particular instance, I am looking for a round small/medium sized table and could potentially opt for two smaller tables instead of a larger dominating piece. 
Of course, my ideal coffee table must be adorned with brass detailing, after all I am a "brass gal", with a combination of modern attributes. The coffee table plays a pivotal part in a space and in my eyes, is the showstopper. The coffee table must be a standout piece which brings together all other interior features and applies an optimal finish to the room.

With that in mind, I have done a great amount of searching online and have managed to find several coffee tables that might be what I am looking for. The precise problem here is that I still have not made up my mind yet. Maybe you all can help! I would like to throw out a disclaimer beforehand that this post contains large amounts of marble. I tend to look for pieces which are peculiar and unique in shape, with architectural features such as iron bases and geometrical shapes. 

1. Swoon Editions Globe Coffee Table £329.00




2. Swoon Editions Toby Coffee Table £349.00



3. Swoon Editions Praia Coffee Table £329.00



4. Maisons Du Monde Gatsby Coffee Table £643.00
Square marble and gold metal coffee table
Square marble and gold metal coffee table

5. Made Aula Coffee Table £249.00 


6. House of Fraser Christiane Lemieux Mosaic Coffee Table £375.00



7. Graham and Green Amina Coffee Table £595.00



8. West Elm Marquetry Marble Table £499.00


9. Wayfair Eternity Swivel Coffee Table by Hokku Designs £103.99
Customer Image Zoomed

10. House of Fraser Christiane Lemieux Cleo Hexagon Coffee Table £349.00 


I hope my elaborate search for some of the top coffee tables has been somewhat useful to you all. Please do let me know which one is your favourite, it will be very helpful towards coming to my conclusive decision. You can leave a comment below or send me an email at theretroedit@gmail.com. Thank you for tuning in. I am currently working on a blogpost based on how to plan a renovation as part of my renovation series. Be sure to keep an eye out for that. Happy renovating! 

Yours sincerely,
The Retro Edit...


No comments:

Post a Comment