Friday 3 March 2017

A Happy Home

It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to my blog The Retro Edit, where I will share my interior/decor inspiration, innovative design ideas and product reviews. You will follow me as I renovate our 1870's victorian semi-detached property.  I hope I can inspire, help and share information with like-minded interior fanatics like myself. I will be sharing renovation tips and tricks that I have learnt and experienced. Please do also visit my instagram page @theretroedit where I frequently upload inspirational interior photos and before/afters. I would appreciate all opinions and ideas as I battle my indecisiveness. It will be a tiresome journey but I am looking forward to sharing it with you all. First thing's first, what is home? Read on to find out what home means to me.

As "home" is something that comprehensively surrounds our daily life, I would like to know what home means to each and every person. Ofcourse, there is no single definition for home, or one that will generalise with each person's momentary home experience. One person's "home" may be vastly contrasting to anothers and ofcourse not every home will not be happy. Home is something which is quite special to me and not just where I sleep and eat. As home is the central hub surrounding my work and social lives, it is extremely important that I am surrounded by things which I love and enjoy. That does not just mean pretty ornaments and furniture but where aesthetic meets innovation. For someone who is on the run, and I'm sure every working person would agree, my space has to work to make life easier and time saving as possible. Whether that is through a piece of technology that works automatically on a timer or a kitchen tool that saves extra effort, all in all, even if I save 5 minutes, that is truly something to celebrate.




I pursue the dream of a living, versatile home, silent, always adapting to the versatility of our life" -Gio Ponti


As I studied psychology and well-being for a significant amount of time in my life, mood and elevation is something I wish to achieve with living and interiors. I believe lifestyle and interiors have such a large effect on our mood and always need to be uplifting and enjoyed. I want to be able to walk in to a room and feel energised and happy, all of which help me reflect on my life or increase my productivity. It is easy to walk in to a room and feel almost lethargic. That is exactly what I try and avoid. What I am trying to say is that home and interiors are more than a splash of paint. Home is a way of living and being and before any renovation it is vital to work out how you can get the most out of your space. Are you going to work around your space or is your space going to work around you?

Now that you know what home means to me, I want to know what home means to you ? Comment below. Keep an eye out for my next post where I will introduce you to our home. For all my renovators out there, happy renovating!


Yours sincerely,
The Retro Edit... 

No comments:

Post a Comment